One of the primary worries of a printer user is the procedures for installing the essential drivers and other features of the printer. Of all the conditions and factors, the Operating system versions are the most important one. Common OS include Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, and Linux. This article will expound on the step by step procedure of installing the drivers for primary printer groups concerning your Operating system versions.
How to install printer driver on Microsoft Windows
The more recent versions of Windows include Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. The necessary procedure of installing downloaded printer drivers on systems with the above-listed versions of Windows OS are listed as follows:
- Start by Turning off the Printer
- Double-click on the downloaded driver installer file and the program will start running. Note that for the above-listed Windows versions, it pops up a command dialog box whenever you are trying to start or install or uninstall any software or program. Secondly, another request that may pop up is that of the Administrator permission that will require your confirmation before you proceed. Just click YES or ALLOW or CONTINUE to advance on the process. However, if you did not log in as an Administrator, the system will require you to log out your user and sign in again, now as an administrator before restarting the program from Step 2.
On giving the administrative rights, the installation process begins and shows the Progress. Take note of actions that will be displayed on the screen as required on the way and respond accordingly.
- When the process finishes, click COMPLETE. The printer interface may be displayed afterward to confirm the device is now ready for use. It is strongly advisable to restart your computer each time you install any program or driver or software.
To use this printer on a network of computers, you can select the connection option from the Client. On the other hand, you can manually select a connection through the Connect cable window when you select CANCEL. You can confirm your selection when required to proceed to use.
How to install printer driver on Macintosh OS
One peculiarity of installing printer drivers on a Mac OS system is the need to know the printer brand and model. Go ahead and search for the printer model name and its latest appropriate drivers online. Then follow the procedures below and complete the installation before using the printer;
- The first step is mounting the disk by double-clicking on the downloaded image file. This step unpacks the archive and fits it on the appropriate installer
- Identify the name of the particular data to install and double-click it to start the process properly
- The installation procedure begins. Pay attention to the messages and respond accordingly. If there is a prompting to accept or agree to the terms of the Software License Agreement, scan through and accept the terms.
- Choose the destination of the installation process and click on CONTINUE
- Click INSTALL. The administrator requires you to input the Username and Password of the admin and click on INSTALL
- Complete the process of installation and close the page
- Finally, the system notifies you on successful completion of the installation process
- Restart the system before the use of the printer.
How to install printer driver on Linux
To install the printer driver on LINUX OS, first, identify the printer brand name and the model. Then download the appropriate software peculiar to your device. After that, follow the following steps to complete the installation process;
- When you have downloaded the particularly needed software, connect the printer
- Make sure that the printer links correctly to your PC or the required network of computers
- Go to “Systems” and proceed to “Printers.” The system proceeds to the printer screen
- Click on “Add” button with a plus sign before it to add a new printing device
- A screen pops up where you can insert the device URL that you have identified or local a network printer or software on the downloaded folder
- Fill the information and proceed
- Complete the installation progression and restart your computer
Enjoy your printer